Sunday, January 2, 2011

James 4:11

Don’t speak evil against each other, dear brothers and sisters. If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God’s law. But your job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you."


So this is pretty much my biggest new years resolution in a nutshell. Gossip is one of my biggest struggles, but i know that God gave us relationships with friends and family for more than just an opportunity to judge and put down others. I have no idea why my brain gets so much satisfaction from hearing bad things about other people, but i want it to stop thinking like that. I want to start using the power of speech to glorify God, rather than to put down those created in his image, who are perfect in his eyes. I know I wont be perfect at this, and that I'll probably mess up sometimes; but with my trust in him, I'm ready to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment