Saturday, April 9, 2011

a penny for my thoughts:movies.. well minus the penny

So movie night with mom= love.
But I have a thought. I honestly cannot remember the last time I watched a movie where people weren't sinning for fun. Like actually, in almost every movie you watch, people are doing "it" (fill in here please [:) amongst other things, just for fun! Or even just swearing, it just the most normal things in movies (well in the real world too.. but thats not the point) And for some strange reason i get my entertainment from this? I Don't get how we get enjoyment from watching people sin, but in all honesty i do.  I definitely smiled  when the perfect couple slept together after the first date, and laughed at the crazy drunk people making stupid mistakes. Why?  I really don't know. I know that both of the above are wrong, and I try to avoid being around that stuff in real life. But for some reason I get my entertainment from watching it. And I'm pretty sure thats not right. I want to surround myself with things that Glorify my savior; not be entertained  by watching people sin against him.

No comments:

Post a Comment