Monday, February 14, 2011

This Love.

                   "We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love"
                     1 John 4:16

" These three things will last forever; faith, hope and love;
but the greatest of these is love."
    1 Corinthians 13:13

                      "Whoever does not love, does not know God, because God is love."
                       1 John 4:8

          "And over all these virtues, put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
            Colossians 3:14

                               " Greater love has no one than this, that he laid down his life for his friends."
                                  John 15:13


" For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only  son. So that whoever  believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16


We serve a God of love.  Not only does he express love, in ways completely unimaginable, but he himself is the very definition of love. This unbelievably perfect quality that seems unattainable by humans. I mean, of course we love each other. But the love that God gives us is so perfect, flawless, and undying that it cannot even compare to the love we have for each other. So this valentines day, being my wonderfully single self, I decided to focus instead on how grateful I am for the most perfect abundant love that is being poured out on me all the time. A love so deep that my father, my best friend, my teacher, my mentor, and my saviour can be my everything.  Who needs cheesy cards and flowers when you have that deep of a love going for you?  Oh how  I love this love. Oh I how i love my Jesus.
=)

1 comment:

  1. wow. his love is so amazing. always forgiving and loving us. =]

    ReplyDelete