Wednesday, February 16, 2011

To love like a child.

Have you ever had a moment that just makes your day?
Just the littlest thing that makes you smile for hours?

 I had one of those moments tonite. While driving home from swimming with my  girls club girls ( an event i had been dreading a little to tell you the truth) I was  having a really great chat with another leader. The girls in the back were being there usual wonderfully noisy selves, and for the most part we were tuning them out for the sake of our conversation.   After a while though, my girls started trying to get my attention, and telling me that they had something important to tell me.  Expecting some sort of strange knock knock joke, or maybe even just more chaotic screaming, I turned around to see what they needed.To my surprise, they were all silent, and then started reciting the Lord's prayer. They said it perfectly in unison, all six of them, a couple of them were even closing there eyes, remembering that they were talking to jesus. I know this is just a little thing, but it made my day.

Jesus I long for
that childhood innocence
seeing nothing but your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment