Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Prodigal son...or at least how I see it.

 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father. “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.


So this is just a tiny excerpt of the prodigals son, from Luke fifteen. I'm sure you've all heard the story before. Its pretty much my favorite ever. Sometimes I hate admitting it, but I feel like I can completely relate to the son in the story. I know I mess up all the time. And sometimes i get frustrated and turn away from my Daddy.. even though he's so perfect that he sent his son to die for me. But despite that, i sometimes mess up, and think I can do this without him. And sure enough, not too much later I realize just how much I need him. And i realize that he is everything I need. And everytime I feel incredibly stupid for forgetting this in the first place. And I feel ashamed to go back to my father and admit how much i've messed up. But somehow  his grace is always still there. The picture this story of the father running and just embracing his son is amazing. And its exactly how I feel everytime I go back to my Daddy. I feel his embrace, his grace, his love that endures no matter what. And that perfect love is what i find worth living for.

No comments:

Post a Comment